Perfect to use all those zucchinis from the garden!
Monterey Jack Stuffed Zucchini
- 3 large zucchini, unpeeled
- 2 T Earth Balance
- 1/2 lb crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 T flour
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/4 t oregano
- 1 cup Heidi Ho Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 T vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan cheese*
- Cook zucchini in boiling salted water, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out centers, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell, then chop centers.
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, melt earth balance. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender. Stir in flour, salt, and oregano and remove from heat.
- Stir in vegan Monterey Jack, vegan sour cream, and chopped zucchini. Fill zucchini shells, using about 1/4 cup of the filling for each shell. Sprinkle stuffed zucchini with Parmesan cheese. Broil about 3 minutes and serve.
- * (equal parts walnuts and nutritional yeast with a pinch of sea salt).
Copyright ©Heidi Ho. Always Vegan, Always Sustainable